Hi
Over the weekend I attended my Neighborhood Council ( NC) meeting ( names will not be given to protect the guilty) I am still stunned at what happened.
The City is updating its General Plan www.cityofrichmondgeneralplan.org/
There are 3 option before the city regarding land use close to where my neighborhood is. Seems like this has been going on for quite a while, and I found out about it over the summer.
There were supposedly informational meetings telling everyone about the General Plan update. I wonder what rock I was under not to hear about it. ( no comment)
I was asked to attend the meeting in August. I ended up walking out with a headache after about 20 minutes.
There are people who are on the " Executive Council" that should not be there, they do not "live" in the neighborhood, but have business interest in the surrounding area. Is every one ignorant of Roberts Rules of Order ? http://www.robertsrules.com/
Since when are you able to vote on any motion that " Personally " involves you ? I have been President of several Organizations and always recused myself from voting on anything that directly effected me. When that was brought up, things got kind of heated, and then tabled.
So the meeting this past weekend, We were told that the General Plan and the update was to complicated, and way to much to try and understand. And we really should not be voting on something that will effect the whole city. Then we were presented with a document from 2006 saying what the neighborhood wanted then and to adopt this as our official position. While I was trying to read the 2 page, back and front document, the vote was rammed through.
Now, I think I am of reasonable intelligence. I have a Real Estate License, and have worked in Commercial Real Estate. Given time, I think I along with most people could read and understand the 3 Options before us, and figure out which one would be the best for us.
Kinds of make me wonder if I am on a plantation. I am being told that I don't have the capacity to read a document, understand it and form an opinion as to if this would be good or not.
Could I be dealing with Liberals ??? Hmm...
Another Delay!
-
My laptop tried to take a flying leap off my dining room table, and my hard
drive crashed. It may be a while before I can get back to putting up posts
agai...
12 years ago
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment